This is the much needed farewell to a friend that has supported me in the last year and 11 months: the Merc E280.
Born in 1995 – Malmesbury (WC), the Mercedes – Benz W124 E280 has been my faithful friend. Here I drop some stats about our journey together:
- 695 days together, 23 months;
- Bought at 115.115km and sold at 143.690km;
- 28.575,00 km together;
- An average of 41,12 km per day;
- Furthest journey from home: Port Nolloth (July 2015 – with Vittorio) – 706km one way;
- Furthest weekend travel made: Port Nolloth (July 2015 – with Vittorio) – 1580km;
- Longest weekend travel made: Garden Route (November 2016 – with Cristina) – 5 days;
- Most visited place (outside Cape Town): Cederberg – 4 times
- Max speed reached (unofficial): 203km/h;
- Number of tyres changed: 6
- Personal best on tyre change (from boot to boot): 7’56”.
- Number of people carried: a lot of Italians, South Africans, Dutch, French, Germans and so on.
Long life to you my friend,
“We’ve come a long way, from where we began
Oh, I’ll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again.”